Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pattern for Pete

Well I promised this a long time ago and then time got away from me. Here is the pattern to make your own Pete the Cat and His 4 Groovy Buttons. This is the first time I've used Google Drive so hopefully this will work.



So my wonderful class of 16 has now grown to 19 since they decided to cut a Kindergarten unit. Unfortunately, that put us all over by 1 student (we're capped at 18). So now we have to make a K/1 split which meant pulling the higher K students. So in a nutshell I gained 3 low students and am now losing 2 high students. I'm not sure I like this trade but I will make the most of it. My kids have a real drive to learn and are starting to make all those important connections. I am amazed by how much they have gained in such a short time. As Pete would say, "It's all good."

7 comments:

  1. I just tried to download your Pete pattern. It says that I need permission to access the item. You need to change it from private to public access on google docs.

    I have a Pete the Cat linky party on my blog. I posted it in July - but it is still getting around 40-50 hits a day. It would be great if you could link up your Pete post and should send some traffic your way.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know. I have now fixed the problem. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this pattern! I like to have a felt board version of the stories to go along with the read along books in my PreK listening center. This will be perfect for that :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your pattern! I used it with a math activity!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the pattern. My students are going to love it!!
    Michelle
    www.mrsscoteseblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your pattern, my kiddos love Pete the Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you please email the pattern to me? I can't get into my google drive unless its through my portal server. I would really love to have this pattern.are you on facebook? I could pm you and end you my details, if it's not too much trouble.

    Thanks very much in anticipation, Sue Yee

    ReplyDelete